Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Prizes! Prizes!

Head’s up:
I am going to have a contest on my next post (Friday, Oct. 3) where you can win one of two fabulous prizes! Go tell your friends and neighbors!
(Prizes are not those pictured, that is just a festive prizish looking corner of my studio.)

Stop!!!
Don’t go yet…

Don’t you want to read today’s post?
I promise, it’ll be fun.

Let’s start by playing a game.

See if you can fill in the blank on the following sentence:

Once again, my home is a house of ____________.

Go ahead, try to guess the answer by filling in the blank.
I'm waiting...

Come on! Didn’t you people ever watch The Match Game?
This is where you guess answers like: ‘ill repute’ or ‘cards’
Or anything else that would go with “house of____” . (funky seventies music playing)

If you work ‘whoopie’ into your answer give yourself 5 bonus points! (Charles Nelson Riley's laughter can be heard in the background)

Okay, here’s the answer: sickos

No, ‘house of sickos’ is not the most popular catch phrase, but it’s what we are.

My girls are both sick with bad colds. Everyone is miserable except the dogs.

As you can see, Chewy the Very Rude Dachshund is just happy as a clam to have an all day sleeping buddy. (We love him, but he really is quite rude.)

The good news is that without driving 4 hours each day back and forth to school I have been quite productive.

I am going to now blow your socks off with what I have done.
Warning: Shocking photos below! No, those aren’t the shocking pictures!

These are:

Did you faint? Scream? Think that H-E- Double Hockey Sticks just froze over?! (It may have.)

Yes, I have been organizing my ‘studio’.

What brought on this flurry of organization you ask? Did my husband begging while down on bended knee finally do the trick?

No, this was prompted by one of my trademarked impulsive inspirations. You see, I found this adorable old store rack in an antique store for only $40! In the shop it was black and wire and dirty, but all I could see were neat organized shelves and vintage candy wrappers... (harp music begins to play)
So, I’m very proud of my messy little self and plan to continue this organizing through the rest of my ‘studio’ and home. Let’s just hope this world has enough adorable antique storage containers to keep me engaged until completion.

And with my supplies organized I have been able to work much more efficiently and not spend 2 hours each day looking for things. (Who took my bone folder?!!)

As evidenced by these photos...


Works in progress:

Completed orders, boxed and ready to pack:

And finally, packaged orders ready to ship:


So I hope you are all inspired by my herculean effort at (gulp)… cleaning. I’m getting a little more comfortable saying the “c’ word.

Ooops, 'c-word' could be taken in a different way...

But only if you have a dirty mind so shame on you!

(I see I’ll just have to make my next stop there on my cleaning pilgrimage!)

Remember: Contest on Friday! Real live prizes!

6 comments:

esque said...

While you are it, can you come clean my sewing room?! And Chewy is the most adorable dog - he's definitely smiling laying around like that!

Jamie Noel said...

I think if I left my house cleaning to go clean your sewing room my husband might finally snap and kill me. The good news...I could be the subject of one of my beloved murder shows, 48 hours or Dateline. The bad news...who else, but his own mother would put up with Chewy and his rude ways? He would be a homeless dachsund out on the street. I really don't think he's cut out for life on the streets. I mean seriously, just look at him.

Susan Sandmore said...

Popped over here from Becky's site! I love your work! Can't wait to explore . . .

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

I adore your new rack.
FUN FUN FUN!!!

Journal Swag said...

Um sorry, no... still not scared. Your "messy" work/studio pics look like mine after they've been straightened up! Ok, I'll play, it's late though, hope I can figure it out!

Hugs,
Sheila

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I love your vintage store shelf rack...whatever it is called. How cool is that? Great find and put to good use.
Pat....going off to sip an ice cold Pepsi..in the can....LOL...still laughing about your post on my blog. Too cute.