Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance

It's been graduation season around my neck of the woods!

First we had high school graduation for the k-12 school I work at and my older daughter, Laur, attends. (actually it is past tense, 'worked at' as I am now a full time jewelry designer! woo hoo!)

Laur found the greatest dress on line and asked me to design a headband for her to wear with it. It turned out really cute and as a result I now have my first hair accessory in my shop!




















Next we had my niece Sadie's high school graduation.


Sadie is now off to Europe to travel so we gave her cold hard cash. It was about $1,000,000,000 if I remember correctly. (She better send a thank you note.)

My nieces LOVE my jewelry so I always give them a piece for gift giving occasions. Okay, they actually have never said they LOVE it or LIKE it ,but they always smile politely and say thank you. (Look, some crazy aunts give underwear or collectible cat figurines, so they should just count their lucky stars!)

So I gave Sadie one of my "Your Fortune Teller" necklaces so she can now plan out her future by seeing what her future husband's occupation will be and how many children she will have.

The girls were having a good time playing with it. At one point my niece, Jo, yelled out "Who has the husband machine?"

Well, that certainly got the wheels in my head turning. My soldering iron is preheating as we speak...

6 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

How awesome your jewerly is its stunning.
Jen

Anonymous said...

your work is amazing, and your blog hilarious! if you lived close by I would make you be my friend.
If you ever decide to start selling your work to little shops, I hope you will consider me. I think your work would fit in perfectly in my store! www.redshoeshomegoods.com
congratulations on the M.E. mag. spot.....it's how I found you!
catherine

pamelahuntington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pamelahuntington said...

HI Jamie,
Oops, I removed my comment by
accident..I found your blog
through Amber Dawn. Your blog and
jewelry are delightful! I am zooming off to add your link to my blog
www.pamelahuntington.typepad.com
Pamela

pamelahuntington said...

Jamie,
Stop by my blog - there is
a surprise for you!!!
www.pamelahuntington.typepad.com

Our Hands For Hope said...

There is something creepy about the full figure fortune tellers. they loose their scaryness and move into cute and interesting once they hit your jewelry!
Terisa