Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My New Super Hero

I have always been a huge Wonder Woman fan.

When my sister and I were little we used to cut up sections of a paper towel roll and cover them with tin foil to make our own bullet repelling Wonder Woman bracelets. (Stop laughing! We were poor latchkey kids!)

Last night I went with my husband to see Iron Man and I now have a new super hero in my life. Okay, the movie wasn't that great... but he made his iron man suit using a soldering iron! It looked just like mine!

I kept nudging My husband and saying 'did you see that'?

He was trying to watch the movie and ignoring me till I finally leaned over and whispered, "I think I'll build one of those suits tonight." He started laughing and we both almost had tears coming out of our eyes as we tried to muffle our laughter in the theater.

What made it so funny is we both knew if he walked out one morning and saw me looking a wreck after staying up all night building my own homemade soldered iron man costume, he wouldn't bat an eyelash. He'd probably glance over while pouring his coffee and say, "Can you please make sure this mess is cleaned up before I get home tonight?"

1 comment:

The kindy! said...

Hi Jamie
Thanks for your message!
I always think that I want a new career but then I have a really good day and change my mind! I love your jewellery! At least it doesnt answer you back!!
Marie